In answer to the question in your mind about the title of this particular piece, I'm talking about exams and revision. I have been revising crazily for about the last 2 and a half weeks, and the thought has struck me that the exams that we all regard so highly, in most cases, have nothing to do with knowing things. They require us to memorize things, and that really, REALLY pisses me off!
For instance, I am, in all honesty, a complete nerd. I do maths, which is still one of the subjects that requires some skill and understanding. but I also do Computer science, and with my exam coming up I have been trying to share my revision with some other members of my class. And they really don't actually know anything!! They spout, pretty much word for word, stuff out of the book and have no grasp of it, and yet they will be the ones who pass these exams. GAH!!
Anyways, rant over. Other than that filthy realisation, I'm having a lovely evening. Hope the same can be said for anyone who is reading this.
Thursday, 14 May 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment